Aaron and Adam continue their conference series today from the Ottawa Real Estate Forum. Joining them is James Beach, Director of Real Estate and Business Development for Broccolini. His company is a multi-asset class, multi-market builder and developer with a 70 year history in Eastern Canada.
A particularly impressive and high profile project of Broccolini’s is the Amazon fulfillment centre in Ottawa. James discusses the magnitude of this project and what it’s like to work side-by-side with Amazon. He also tells us about his experiences dealing with the municipal government in Ottawa.
Topics covered include:
- A brief history of Broccolini .
- Building the Amazon fulfillment centre in Ottawa.
- The importance of reputation.
- The current state of industrial real estate in Ottawa.
- The vision for where Broccolini is heading in the future.
- Constraints that are preventing Ottawa’s further urban growth.
- What it’s like to work with the City of Ottawa.
- James’ opinion on how the city approaches high-profile developments.
- The Amazon site in Scarborough.
A bit about our guest….
Since joining Broccolini almost a decade ago, James has worn many hats within their vertically integrated organization.
Taking on leadership roles within both the construction and development divisions of the company, James has been intimately involved in a wide range of projects in the residential, office, and industrial asset classes, representing a total project value of over $1BN CDN.
For the past four years, James has lead the Ottawa office in all Real Estate and Development pursuits, including landing a 1,000,000sqft + deal with E-commerce giant Amazon, wherein Broccolini assumed the role as builder, developer, landlord and property manager for this large-scale Fulfillment Center, which has now been fully delivered to a very happy tenant.
Continuing this momentum into the GTA, James is pleased to announce that Broccolini has secured a second 1,000,000+sqft deal with E-commerce giant Amazon, assuming the role of builder and development manager.