We are welcoming Brian Rosen in this episode of the podcast. He is the President and CEO of Colliers Canada, the company where Adam started his real estate career.
Brian had just one year with Colliers before he was promoted to President and CEO in March of 2020, just as the world got hit with the COVID-19 pandemic, so he tells us how important the relationships he built in that time have proven to be. He talks about the goals he set before the pandemic and why they haven’t changed, while the way they are accomplished has shifted.
Topics covered include:
- Why Brian chose Colliers as the next step in his career.
- The organizational culture at Colliers.
- The priorities that Brian wanted to accomplish in 2020 before covid was a factor.
- Motivating people by staying connected.
- The year in a leadership position that Brian had before the pandemic.
- Integrating into a new company from a senior management position.
- Distinctive pitch styles at competing brokerages.
- Having a sense of what client needs have changed because of COVID-19.
- Markets that are showing signs of growth.
- Operating at reduced capacity.
- Relationships that are being gained and lost right now.
- Diversity in Canadian real estate.
- Why many people start their career at Colliers.
More about our guest…
Brian Rosen is the President and Chief Executive Officer | Canada at Colliers International, Canada’s leading commercial real estate services and investment management firm. He assumed the role on March 31, 2020 and is responsible for driving growth and establishing the strategic direction of the business in the region. In addition to his role as President and CEO in Canada, Brian is also a member of the global senior executive team that sets the vision and strategy for Colliers International.
Prior to being appointed President and CEO in March 2020, Brian served as Chief Operating Officer I Canada at Colliers, overseeing operations of the Canadian business, including business development, finance and accounting, marketing and communications, IT and human resources. While in this role, Brian worked closely with the senior leadership team to refine Colliers’ fully integrated service offering and establish strategic areas of focus for the business.
Brian has spent his career fostering innovation and driving change, solving complex problems and continuously challenging and improving operations. An experienced General Manager, Corporate Strategist, Sales Leader, and Marketer, Brian worked at Iron Mountain for over a decade before joining Colliers, serving most recently as Senior Vice President and General Manager, Canada. Brian has had extensive experience in both the U.S. & Canada and prior to Iron Mountain was a Corporate Strategist at Avon Products and Management Consultant at Marakon Associates.
Brian holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and an undergraduate degree in Molecular Biology from Princeton University.
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National Financial
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums.