Courtney Cooper is a Principal at Alate Partners. She is a leader in the rapdily growing proptech sector with a growing roster of investments through her company.
With her company “empowering entrepreneurs who are rethinking real estate”, Courtney takes us behind the scenes of Alate’s investment decisions. She shares some exciting companies that Alate has invested in and makes predictions about the future of proptech in real estate.
Topics covered include:
- Interesting proptech that is up-and-coming in real estate.
- The 2018 founding of Alate Partners.
- The approach and process when a potential investment is found.
- Proptech investment metrics that matter most.
- Incremental growth versus leaps forward.
- The most exciting companies Alate has invested in.
- Great companies always being able to find funding.
- Covid acclerating and forcing adoption of technology.
- The future of sharing big data.
- Changing old tech habits that are fully ingrained.
- What Courtney predicts will be the biggest technology adoption in real estate.
More about our guest…..
Courtney is a principal at Alate Partners. In this role, she helps identify and scale promising real estate technology companies, provides market analysis and due diligence, and manages relationships with industry partners.
Courtney has spent nearly 10 years in real estate technology and operations. Prior to joining Alate, she led innovation and business transformation initiatives at Dream and Great-West Life. Courtney is a board observer at Arrive, Lane, Branch, and Eden as well as the co-founder of the Proptech Collective.
Courtney takes a human-centred approach, developed through her graduate studies in Strategic Foresight and Innovation at OCAD University. She holds a B.S. in Business Administration with a specialty in Operations from Georgetown University.
Powered by First National Financial
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums