Growing a portfolio in a competitive market isn’t easy, even for the big players. Noah Gordon of Menkes Developments joins us to discuss managing and growing a 3 million square foot commercial portfolio in the GTA. Some of the topics covered include:
- The history of Menkes Developments.
- The profitability of spec build industrial.
- Losing Target as a tenant.
- What’s important to best-in-class users.
- Why the GTA has low industrial lease rates.
- What differentiates fulfilment centres.
- The rise of cross-dock facilities.
- Buying existing product vs building new.
- Amenities in newly constructed office towers.
- On market vs off market opportunities (also discussed in the Sean Fleming episode).
- Having faith in your development numbers (also discussed in John English episode).
- The viability of office and industrial condo conversions.
- The “One Size Fits Most” strategy.
In the News…
A bit about our guest…..
Noah is the Director, Portfolio Management for Menkes Developments Ltd (website). He is responsible for managing assets in the company’s managed services portfolio as well as commercial acquisitions and development.
His background includes working in real estate asset management, private equity and investment banking. Previously, he has held positions with CIBC World Markets, Talon Asset Management and RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust.
Noah received a Bachelor of Arts (Business Administration) from York University and an MBA from the Richard Ivey School of Business. He is a LEED AP. Noah is a member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) and sits on the organization’s board. He is also a member of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) and recipient of the organization’s Developing Leader Award for 2016.
Noah is also involved in the community and is a member of the Jewish National Fund Future Executive and is an external champion for the Toronto Pearson Airport Propeller Project.
Noah Gordon LinkedIn