We are welcoming back Peter Cuthbert, President and Head of Global Real Estate with Fiera Real Estate. He joins us again to analyze many different aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic and his view on how the economy will recover.
Peter informs us of how Fiera has been dealing the crisis and helping its employees, leading to a discussion about how the workplace might change after the pandemic. He compares the current economic crash to the one in 2008 and talks about the amazing learning opportunities that have presented themselves.
Topics covered include:
- What message Peter has been giving his investors during COVID-19.
- The transition to working from home and prioritizing health and safety.
- The idea of pandemic resiliency being a value to an asset.
- What Peter thinks the real estate market will look like after this.
- Changes in HR activities because of the pandemic.
- The measured and thoughtful reaction from Fiera’s investor base.
- How the size of a given market correlates with how badly its economy has taken a hit.
- Why Peter thinks the economy won’t immediately recover.
- Getting into real estate at a reduced price.
- Sustaining yourself through these kinds of situations.
- Being careful and establishing proper checks and balances with governments.
For more commercial real estate content, visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
More about our guest:
Peter Cuthbert has been with Fiera Real Estate throughout their formative years and instrumental in the development and growth of the firm’s business. Prior to being promoted into the role of President in November of 2017, Peter was Chief Operating Officer with a focus on improving risk management and performance analytics and was also charged with the direct management of the Fiera Real Estate CORE Fund. He was instrumental in the rapid growth of the fund, including the successful deployment of investors’ committed funds. The business now manages more than $5B of AUM. The CORE Fund has surpassed the $2.5B mark for assets under management and has yielded top quartile returns to its investors. As President and Global Head of Real Estate, his focus is on the global expansion and evolution of the Real Estate Investment Management business.