In this episode we welcome Peter Politis, CEO of Greybrook Realty Partners. Greybrook’s real estate investment portfolio includes over seventy developments and assets across Canada and the United States.
Peter discusses the targets that Greybrook tries to reach in every investment they make and his own involvement in these decisions. We hear his opinion on the real estate market in Toronto, why and how Greybrook focuses on luxury properties, and the technological features that Peter believes will be necessary in housing for years to come.
Topics covered include:
- The continuous growth that Greybrook experienced and their goals early on.
- The process of investing in Greybrook and the company’s target return on investment.
- Some investment properties that are memorable to Peter.
- Recent properties that Greybrook purchased in Ontario, Quebec, and Texas.
- The decision to own some properties debt-free.
- Global investors now investing money into Canada.
- The evolution from operating in Toronto to expanding into the USA.
- Social living arrangements and the premium it demands.
- How Greybrook decided to focus on the luxury market.
- Luxurious features that people want but are not plentiful in Toronto.
- Technological features in buildings and Peter’s belief in smartphone integration.
- Determining the next investment projects for Greybrook.
- Advice for people who want to start investing in real estate.
- The asset class that Peter would invest in if he was to begin investing today.
For more commercial real estate content visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
Listen to our previous episode recorded live at the RealCapital Conference.
Check out Peter’s LinkedIn.