The One at Yonge & Bloor will be Canada’s tallest tower, aside from the CN Tower. When everything is said and done, this superstructure will stand at over 1000ft tall, and come with a price tag of over a billion dollars. Sam Mizrahi of Mizrahi Developments is behind this unprecedented project, and joins us on this episode to share the fascinating story.
The land, which included the former Stollery’s, is one of the most valuable sites in the country. It took time, but Sam eventually succeeded in acquiring Stollery’s, and he wasn’t even the highest bidder.
From there, the balancing act continued, dealing with multiple investors, the city, other landowners, architects, and more. The One is well on its way to making Canadian history, with expected completion in 2022/2023.
Topics covered include:
- How Sam first got started in real estate.
- The process of acquiring all the land for The One at Yonge & Bloor, one of the most valuable sites in Canada.
- Challenges faced along the way.
- The unique way that this $1 billion+ project is being funded.
- Logistics of building a superstructure in such a busy area.
- Technologies and solutions being used for the very first time in Canada.
- Another landmark development for Mizrahi Developments, Island Park Drive in Ottawa
In the news…
A bit about our guest…
Sam Mizrahi is the president and founder of Mizrahi Developments, a private real estate development company, specializing in the high-end luxury marketplace with an award-winning brand known for its 5-star hotel service and commitment to craftsmanship, architectural beauty and attention to detail.