Technology is radically changing commercial real estate at a pace that is rapidly accelerating. We discuss what’s on the horizon with Amy Erixon of Avison Young:
- 3-D printers used in construction.
- 4-D printing (this will blow your mind).
- Future proofing your development.
- Cyber security and hacking building systems.
- Autonomous vehicles.
- Artificial intelligence and data collection to improve building performance.
- Business continuity.
- The adoption rate of smart homes.
- Augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR) and computer-aided design (CAD).
- The building sector’s large contribution to global warming.
- Selling condos with virtual reality.
- Why Amy doesn’t like the term “technology disruption”.
- Drones in real estate.
In the news…
A bit about our guest….
An industry expert in real estate technology, greening strategies and smart cities, Amy Erixon has advised public agencies, pensions and federal, state and local governments on issues ranging from affordable housing to ecological urbanism. She leads Avison Young’s Global Investment Management practice, which is active across all major and select specialty property types. Prior to joining Avison Young, she was CEO of IGRI, a full-service development and investment firm that built the first LEED-certified projects across Canada in the mid 2000s. With more than 35 years of industry experience, she has acquired, developed and repositioned portfolios valued in excess of $9 billion, and completed large-scale rezoning and development projects in numerous North American cities. Amy Erixon sits on the Ontario Board of the Nature Conservancy of Canada and Avison Young’s Executive Committee.
A graduate of MIT in city planning and real estate development, she is an active speaker, blogger and publisher of topical reports and white papers. Follow her on LinkedIn, Twitter @ErixonAmy, and YouTube. Her blog can be found at Blog.AvisonYoung.com