Our guest today is Warren Smithies. He is the CEO of Martello Group, which is a property and real estate management company. Warren is also the Founder and CEO of the Real Estate Owners and Managers Insurance Group (ROMIG).
Through research, Warren has found a significant gap in property insurance underwriting. He’s using this knowledge to help real estate owners save money through his company ROMIG. If you think you’re paying too much for your insurance, you’ll want to listen to this episode to find out why.
Topics covered include:
- How Warren spotted a gap in insurance underwriting and how it could profit the real estate community.
- Martello’s current portfolio.
- Bringing value from the property management perspective.
- Why ROMIG is expanding into the Maritimes.
- The process of joining ROMIG.
- Cost reduction points that ROMIG is using to meet their goals.
- Pilot cases that are currently happening or on the horizon.
- The growth strategy of ROMIG to enter all provinces.
- Regulatory differences between provinces.
- Warren’s involvement with BOMA and advantages of joining the organization.
- The biggest issue ROMIG sees in getting customers to switch to them.
- The target that Warren has set for the company to achieve.
For more commercial real estate content, visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
More about our guest:
Warren Smithies is the Founder & CEO of the Real Estate Owners and Managers Insurance Group and the CEO of the Martello Group of Companies. Warren is also the treasurer of BOMA BC and an active advocate for the development of the commercial property management industry in Canada.