Our guest today is Adrian Rocca, CEO of Fitzrovia Real Estate. He has “lived the dream” by working for an institution and then deciding to strike out on his own two years ago. Adrian has found an incredible of success in a short amount of time, with a large pipeline of apartments in the GTA.
We hear the story of how Adrian fell in love with the purpose built rental space, fueling his choice to focus on this asset class with Fitzrovia. He talks about his developments and where he sees Toronto headed in the coming years.
Topics covered include:
- Adrian’s decision to start his own business to focus on purposeful rentals.
- How Adrian got into real estate and his family’s history with it.
- Joining Tricon Capital and details of the manufactured housing market in the US.
- Staying ahead of the technological curve.
- Creating alignment with critical paths.
- Working in London, England for four years.
- Being passionate about the product you deliver.
- Choosing the name Fitzrovia.
- Difficulties in the early days of starting a company.
- Investing in people and building a great team.
- Asset stats from Fitzrovia and the growth they’ve seen.
- What most surprised Adrian as a new business owner.
- Luxury apartments and the features that Fitzrovia puts into his buildings.
- Features that Fitzrovia puts in all of its buildings.
- Determining the ideal rental price.
- Adrian’s vision for Toronto.
For more commercial real estate content, visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
More about our guest:
Adrian Rocca has 15 years of real estate and principal investing experience with over $8 billion of transactions across Canada, the US and Europe. Previously, Adrian served as the Head of Tricon Luxury Residences Canada, Tricon Capital’s purpose-built apartment platform and Tricon Lifestyle Communities, a manufactured housing business in the US. Prior to joining Tricon, Adrian was a Director with Apollo Real Estate Advisors in London, U.K., and also worked with Credit Suisse First Boston as an investment banking associate in Toronto and London