Contamination can destroy a property’s value, delay development and kill a loan. Your best protection? An environmental consulting firm. We’ve invited Riyaz Punjani of S2S Environmental to discuss the finer points of:
- Less obvious signs of potential contamination.
- Managing the cost of remediation.
- How lenders view environmental issues.
- National tenants and their requirements for clean locations.
- Asbestos risk in demolition.
- How technology has improved the industry as a whole.
- What a record of site condition is.
- The differences in environmental standards between the provinces.
- Why you want a Phase I.
- The role of the Canadian Standards Association – a federal guideline for all environmental site assessments.
- Migration of contamination and the legal and financial consequences.
- The worst environmental disaster that Riyaz has ever encountered.
- How to unlock the value in Toronto’s highly contaminated Port Lands.
- Energy audits, loans and government rebates.
- Energy savings as an investment.
In the news….
For more information on CMBS in Canada, check out Episode #5
Adam ends his adventure in small market land investment.
A bit about our guest…
Riyaz Punjani is the Senior Consultant and founding partner of S2S Environmental Inc. During his career of more than 25 years in environmental consulting, Mr. Punjani provides strategic advice and due diligence services to stakeholders in the real estate markets including Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments and Property Condition Assessment. His passion in providing straight forward, practical and business-minded solutions to today’s environmental industry makes Mr. Punjani is a sought after speaker and consultant to both public and private organizations looking to minimize environmental risk. Riyaz and his team of environmental experts provide services across Canada and have been recognized as a leader in areas of environmental due diligence for acquisitions and financing of industrial, commercial and multi-residential properties. email@example.com www.s2se.com