Joining us today is Werner Dietl, President and CEO of CBRE Canada. After spending two years in the hotel business, Werner started his career at CBRE and never looked back. Twenty-five years later he has risen to the top of the brokerage world and he shares with us what that journey has been like.
Aaron, Adam, and Werner also discuss the difficulties imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, such as the inability of agents to build connections with people in-person. Werner offers his advice on dealing with the pandemic from a real estate perspective and what the industry should be doing to help.
Topics covered include:
- How Werner got to where he is today.
- Entering into real estate during the 1990s when the market was in a downturn.
- Transitioning from a sales role into being a leader.
- Maintaining connections with partners during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Creating bonds across the country.
- Learning from clients in foreign markets about what to expect when Canada opens up our economy again.
- Finding human energy without being able to have face-to-face interactions.
- CBRE’s inaugural virtual market outlook.
- Why interest in real estate forums is heightened right now.
- Handling the disruption of 2020’s planned goals.
- Werner’s philosophy on dealing with the global pandemic.
- How the commercial real estate industry can help out with recovery.
For more commercial real estate content, visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
More about our guest….
Werner Dietl, CBRE Limited’s President and CEO, has broad responsibility and authority across the entire Canadian organization for service line excellence and operating efficiencies. Werner provides leadership for Advisory & Transaction Services (Occupier and Investor leasing), Capital Markets (Property Sales and Mortgage Services), Valuation Services and Project Management, in addition to research and marketing functions. From his start at the company in in 1995 to helming the Canadian company as CEO, Werner is a vocal champion of CBRE’s unique culture and extraordinary people.
As leader of the largest commercial real estate services and investment firm in Canada, Werner is passionate about accelerating the business in the new economy, with a key focus on customer experience and positioning CBRE for the next chapter of disruption and growth.