Peter Altobelli from Yardi is back on the podcast in today’s episode. He’s been with us numerous times to do post-conference wrap-ups, and that continues today as the guys discuss the 2021 Canadian Apartment Investment Conference.
We’ll be hearing several results from the Multi-Res Tenant Survey presented at the CAIC, along with analysis on where the results came from. Many trends have been accelerated because of the pandemic, leading Peter to explain the shifts that we are seeing happening in the apartment space.
Topics covered include:
- Automation at the unit and operational levels.
- Future integrations of services like Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
- The complications of receiving large parcels in apartment buildings.
- Why tenants now want “condo living” while renting an apartment.
- Results from the tenant survey, including the notable transition from homes to apartments.
- Ease of living in apartments and how this contributes to a paradigm shift.
- Changes in interest rates and where they are heading.
- Inflation that is likely coming soon and what can be done about it.
- A look at what tenants say they absolutely need in an apartment building.
- Amenities that have gained popularity due to the pandemic.
- How Yardi’s business has increased since COVID-19 began.
- What we can expect in the next five years regarding automation.
More about our guest….
Peter Altobelli is Vice President of Sales and General Manager for Yardi Canada Ltd. Yardi develops industry-leading property and investment management software for all real estate asset classes.
Peter has worked in the technology industry for more than 30 years, with a foundation in software development for the healthcare sector in the 1980s. His first role involved transforming existing software for an outpatient clinic scheduling system and introducing innovative PC technology for what has now become Hamilton Health Sciences.
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums.
Join the REF Club and get access to all of the amazing events the CRE Podcast is hosting on the platform in 2021.