Our guest today from the Vancouver Real Estate Forum is Gina Phillips, the Vice President and General Manager of WeWork for the northwest region. WeWork provides flexible, collaborative office space that is used by freelancers, entrepreneurs, large corporations, and more.
Gina gives a thorough explanation of WeWork and why a company would choose to use its buildings instead of traditional office space. We hear about WeWork’s experience in Canadian cities and what the company plans to do in the future.
Topics covered include:
- Creating value for landlords.
- What the company’s end users look like.
- Large corporations that use WeWork; a new type of user.
- Amenities that WeWork has at some locations.
- Criteria that the company considers when expanding into a new market.
- The scarcity of buildings in Toronto and Vancouver.
- Personalization aspects of WeWork offices.
- Services that are included with a WeWork membership.
- What WeWork foresees coming in the future.
- Other projects that Gina is involved in with WeLive and WeGrow.
- Gina’s experience at the Vancouver Real Estate Forum.
This episode of Commercial Real Estate Podcast powered by First National was recorded live at the RealCapital Conference as part of our Forum Series.
For more commercial real estate content, visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
Listen to our previous episode here.
More about our guest:
Gina Phillips currently leads the business for WeWork in the Northwest US and Canada as General Manager.
Since launching the Seattle market for WeWork in 2013, Gina has launched multiple new markets and grown a dynamic region undergoing hypergrowth. Known for scaling high-performance, building culturally-aligned teams and driving brand visibility, her focus is always on effectively leading organizations through change and growing powerful performance in others.
Gina is committed to connecting communities with access to opportunity and delights in creating win-win scenarios, which drove her to found Seattle Startup Week in 2013 and served her well while on the board of Women in Tech. Gina’s work in the expansion of WeWork’s footprint in the Northwest lead her to be named Puget Sound Business Journal’s 2018 Real Estate Executive of the Year.
She is a member of Global Shapers, an initiative of the World Economic Forum, and plays competitive ultimate frisbee at the national and international levels.