Dariush Zomorrodi of Blanc Labs is today’s guest. Blanc Labs is a boutique innovation consulting firm based in Toronto with a deep focus on lending, fintech and commercial real estate.
Our discussion centred around innovation and how it has changed, and will further change, the commercial real estate industry. Dariush believes that this industry hasn’t historically embraced dramatic change, why this is and how that could shift. He also explains how the industry can start to prepare for the future by using data. We end off with a truly eye-opening vision of what our future could look like.
Topics covered include:
- Data being used for artificial intelligence.
- Transitioning into work as a consultant in the fintech space.
- The slow adoption of new technology in commercial real estate.
- Robotic process automation.
- Improvements in decision making that can be implemented in the real estate industry.
- Different types of data that can be collected and used.
- The point to which the commercial real estate industry can grow.
- Shifting mindsets to creativity and innovation.
- Creating living spaces on Mars (listen to the end, it’s worth it).
- How to foster a culture of innovation in commercial real estate.
- The role of change champions.
For more commercial real estate content, visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
More about our guest:
Dariush Zomorrodi is the Chief Innovation Officer at Blanc Labs where he leads the innovation practice, collaborating with business and technology leaders to imagine and build the next generation of digital solutions. His team leverages emerging technologies in support of new business models, which makes clients more competitive in the fast paced digital world.
Blanc Labs is a global innovation consulting firm with a focus in financial services. Blanc Labs has developed innovative products and transformative solutions in Retail & Commercial Lending, Digital Platforms, Robotics Process Automation (RPA), Open API Banking, Digital KYC, Cloud Banking, Artificial Intelligence and is a partner of the R3 Blockchain Consortium.
Prior to Blanc Labs, Dariush served as an executive and digital leader at several organizations in the United States and Canada. Dariush was the CTO and mastermind behind Canpages.ca, where he built the fastest growing digital property in Canada later sold to Yellow Media for $225M in 2010. Dariush started his FinTech journey in 2012 as VP Technology of Flexiti Financial building a retail financing virtual credit card platform that has grown to one of Canada’s well- respected FinTech ventures.
Dariush’s passion for creating a positive impact on the world through innovation led him to join Blanc Labs as partner and Chief Innovation Officer in 2016. Dariush holds a Computer Software Engineering degree earned his MBA degree from Queens University. He is based in Toronto, Canada.