Adam Paul is today’s guest from the Land & Development Conference in Toronto. He is the President and CEO of First Capital, after spending about ten years with CREIT.
We hear about what it was like for Adam to move from one company to another, including how we has interviewed for his position at First Capital. He talks about the major culture change the company went through and shares his thoughts on building meaningful relationships in communities.
Topics covered include:
- The moment Adam realized he wanted to be in this industry.
- Investing in properties with financial help from Adam’s friends in his early days.
- Landing a role as Head of Acquisitions at CREIT.
- Seeing an opportunity to make an impact at First Capital.
- What Adam’s first year at First Capital was like.
- Changing the culture at First Capital.
- Investment in Yorkville Village.
- Shifting the focus on asset classes.
- Becoming more knowledgeable about the community and building better relationships.
- Being in it for the long-haul.
For more commercial real estate content, visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
This episode of Commercial Real Estate Podcast powered by First National was recorded live at the Land and Development Conference in Toronto as part of our Forum Series.
More about our guest:
Adam Paul is the President, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and a member of the Board of Directors of First Capital Realty Inc. (FCR). As President and Chief Executive Officer, Adam is responsible for the overall leadership and performance of FCR.
Prior to joining FCR in February 2015, he was a senior executive at Canadian Real Estate Investment Trust (CREIT) where he had direct responsibility for various aspects of CREIT’s business across Canada.