Wendy Waters is back for her third appearance on the podcast. The discussion revolves around Canadian demographics and the impact that has on real estate. Of particular interest is the large number of new Canadians in their 20s and 30s.
Wendy, Aaron, and Adam also have an in-depth conversation about co-working office space. We hear about some of its advantages and disadvantages, its presence in Canada, and why we are seeing more and more of these spaces.
Topics covered include:
- Reasons for the price increases in Toronto over the past three years.
- The “millennial” label.
- The housing market in Vancouver cooling off due to government policy.
- Why we have to increase housing supply.
- Condo projects getting sidelined in Vancouver.
- Effects on office space due to the influx of immigration.
- The relative weight of real estate costs when running a business.
- Advantages and disadvantages of collaborative working spaces.
- Economic downturns potential effect co-working space.
- Potential expansion of tech companies into Calgary.
- Multi-story industrial spaces.
- Food-ordering apps and their effects on real estate.
- The most interesting takeaway from Wendy’s recent research
For more commercial real estate content, visit the First National Commercial Resource Centre.
Other podcasts with Wendy Waters:
Read Wendy’s Coworking’s Impact on Global Office Markets.
Listen to Changing the Office Game with Gina Phillips of WeWork here.