Andrew Freitas, Head of Canada Markets for WiredScore, is our guest in this episode. WiredScore is the only global connectivity rating platform for real estate. They assess the infrastructure that enables a well-connected building.
There are several different scoring systems offered by WiredScore, and Andrew will take us through them and explain which ones are used and why. He talks about the need for high quality internet in new and old buildings, and how COVID-19 has changed real estate.
Topics covered include:
- The story behind the founding of WiredScore.
- Scores in major Canadian cities versus smaller urban areas.
- The vast physical infrastructure usually needed to distribute internet.
- How Andrew helps buildings stay ahead of the technological curve.
- Descriptions of well and poorly connected buildings.
- Exposure that Andrew got to commercial real estate in previous jobs.
- Educating the real estate industry about technology
- Why your building should have multiple entry points for internet.
- Storing infrastructure in secured areas.
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has influenced real estate decisions.
- Building infrastructure in new buildings versus retrofitting old buildings.
- The development and upcoming launch of SmartScore.
- WiredScore Home and what it measures in multi-family units.
- Viewing internet as a utility just like any other.
- Andrew’s interest in outdoor activities and how they influence his thoughts on connectivity.
More about our guest….
Andrew has been a part of the commercial real estate industry in Canada for the past 13 years where he started his career as a broker representing occupiers of commercial space across various asset types and industries. He then managed the data analytics needs of various types of businesses in CRE for CoStar Group. Currently, Andrew oversees the Canadian business for WiredScore, the global rating platform for digital connectivity in real estate.
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National.
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums.
Check out WiredScore: https://wiredscore.com/