The largest event of the year just took place virtually, and Peter Altobelli is welcomed back to discuss the top five highlights from the Toronto Real Estate Forum. Peter is Vice President of Yardi Systems and a regular guest on the podcast.
With so much good content, it’s hard to narrow it down to just 5 highlights. Aaron, Adam, and Peter focus heavily on thoughts expressed by the industry-leading guests in attendance and why 2021 is poised to be a great year for real estate.
Topics covered include:
- #5: Benjamin Tal (the Chief Economist of CIBC) and his outlook on 2021.
- Why he feels that the second half of 2021 will be very strong.
- The high amount of spending the Canadian government does on its people.
- #4: Thomas Friedman (The New York Times) on the intersection of technology, globalization, and climate change.
- Taking care of the world as it globalizes.
- The relation between educator, innovator, and regulator.
- #3: Stephen Poloz (9th Governor of the Bank of Canada) on how market delays are very costly, and the solution is to spend.
- Central banks thinking differently than anyone else.
- The management of debt after the second World War.
- #2: Senior leaders in the industry discussing risks, challenges, and opportunities post-pandemic.
- Where they wanted their organizations to go in the next 6 to 12 months.
- The melting between logistics and retail.
- #1: Jon Love (Founder and CEO of KingSett Capital) and his intelligent, opinionated recaps.
- Being open to change and the opportunity it brings.
- Why the industry is in a much better position than 2008.
More about our guest….
Peter Altobelli is Vice President of Sales and General Manager for Yardi Canada Ltd. Yardi develops industry-leading property and investment management software for all real estate asset classes.
Peter has worked in the technology industry for more than 30 years, with a foundation in software development for the healthcare sector in the 1980s. His first role involved transforming existing software for an outpatient clinic scheduling system and introducing innovative PC technology for what has now become Hamilton Health Sciences.
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National
Episode sponsor is Yardi.
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums.
John Love on LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/jonlovekingsett